1 (6 lb) Chicken (take off skin - makes it less greasy) (leave bones - it adds to the flavor)
1 lb Sausage - cut in chunks
1 medium onion - cut in small pieces
2 bell peppers - cut in small pieces
4 celery stalks - cut in small pieces
4 1/2 quarts of Water
8 oz (half the jar) of Kary's Dry Roux Mix
In large pot, bring water to boil.
Add roux stirring continuously until Roux is dissolved.
Add the rest of the ingredients.
Boil over medium heat for about 2 hours.
De-bone and cube chicken (discarding any access fat and skin) and return to pot.
Serve over a scoop of rice.
1 lb Sausage - cut in chunks
1 medium onion - cut in small pieces
2 bell peppers - cut in small pieces
4 celery stalks - cut in small pieces
4 1/2 quarts of Water
8 oz (half the jar) of Kary's Dry Roux Mix

In large pot, bring water to boil.
Add roux stirring continuously until Roux is dissolved.
Add the rest of the ingredients.
Boil over medium heat for about 2 hours.
De-bone and cube chicken (discarding any access fat and skin) and return to pot.
Serve over a scoop of rice.

3 comments:
I didn't realize you had a cooking blog kim. this is awesome! i'm excited to cook some kim poppa food. THANKS!!!
Kim, it sounds good but I can't get Roux here in Georgia and that sucks. So I am left to learning how to make my own roux but so far it has not been THAT bad. LOL!
haha I was just telling Kev I wanted Gumbo and was bummed cuz we both didn't know how to cook it! Thanks!
Post a Comment