Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies

I read a lot of blogs during the day and one that I keep up with is called Our Best Bites - I saw this recipe and the pictures and knew that I had to try it out!


1 C butter flavored Crisco

1 C creamy peanut butter

1 C sugar

1 C packed brown sugar

1 t vanilla
3 eggs
3 C flour

2 t baking soda

1/2 t salt

filling:

1 C creamy peanut butter

1/2 c real butter, softened

4 C powdered sugar
2 t vanilla

5-6 T milk

So here is my table covered with the ingredients (minus the laptop - that's how I was able to follow the recipe and minus the goldfish - Parker was in his highchair and I was feeding him goldfish to entertain him)
Cream Shortening, Peanut Butter, Sugar and Brown Sugar together until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
Add in vanilla and one egg, mix. Add second egg, mix. Add third egg, mix.
In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Pour into dough. Mix.
Roll into tiny balls and place on baking sheet (you can roll in sugar if you want, I however, forgot! :) )
Use your fork to do the traditional peanut butter cookie criss-cross.
Bake for 6 minutes. You want them to be soft. Don't let the edges brown.
(yes that is foil pretending to be my cooling rack - I am not sure where they are and I didn't have wax paper)
To make the filling, whip together the Peanut Butter and Butter until smooth.

Add in Powdered Sugar and vanilla, mix. Add one Tablespoon of milk at a time to get the right consistency. (I'm not quite sure this is how it is supposed to look or if it's the right consistency - she didn't have a picture on her blog for me to see, but this is what I used!) You want it to be on the thick side, but you want it spreadable. (You want it thicker than normal frosting.)

I put the filling in a Ziploc back (both bags broke, but I didn't have any piping bags - so I just had to deal. Put a generous amount of filling on the center of one cookie and the place another cookie on top smashing down a tad to spread the filling out.


Thanks to
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/02/peanut-butter-sandwich-cookies.html
for sharing this delicious recipe with me!!

No comments: